Are There Symptoms of Misalignment in Your Company?
- Decision-making takes too long. Slow decision-making decreases the momentum needed for growth and puts your company at a competitive disadvantage.
- Too many meetings. Excessive meetings burden organizations, wasting time and draining productivity.
- Email overload. Highly skilled knowledge workers spend too much time managing emails sent in high volume because organizational responsibilities haven’t been clearly defined.
- Silos. Functional units often become turfs that contain guarded information and interests with a lack of collaboration between departments.
- Unclear responsibility. When responsibilities are not clear, either no one takes charge, the wrong person takes charge, or there is a fight for control.
- Lack of empowerment at lower levels. When people aren’t empowered to act, they wait to receive instructions and progress can be delayed.
- Communication is selective. If information is shared selectively, the truth can be hidden, causing a problem to escalate into a crisis.
- Lack of motivation. Apathy is a serious condition that will have a negative impact on your success.